Thursday, March 6, 2008

*NOTE: This is my second post in one day, so make sure you read my other post (below this one) about my adventure today!
Anyways, I've been hearing this song a lot everywhere here as it's racing to the top of the charts here in Japan. For some reason I like it even though it's not really my type of music. The first time I saw this music video was actually on the side of one of the buildings at Shibuya Crossing (see picture):

The singer is Utada Hikari - the same singer that sings one of the theme songs for Hana Yori Dango season 2 (mom you know the song, it starts with the word arigatou), anyways this song called Heart Station took a minute for me to recognize when I found it on youtube, but at about 1:05 it changes pace and I immediate recognized it. Give it a listen, maybe you'll like it, maybe you wont:
A little note on the translation that is in the video: The one line she says at about 3:29 in the video is himitu no herutsu which can be translated in 2 ways actually and I think it's a play on words. The translator put "Secret Frequency" because they took Herutsu to mean "Hz" as in Hertz - this japanese word is borrowed from english, but Herutsu can also mean a word borrowed from German meaning Herz which means Heart.. SO.. it could be interpretted as Secret Heart OR Secret Station/frequency which is a really good play of words because the song is called Heart Station hehe.. I have to admit I'm proud to have figured that out! haha. Enjoy the song:

1 comment:

Shaye said...

I like the song. It definitely is that lady from HYD. She has a very distinct voice. The music video is a little weird to me, but it's still pretty good.

Also, you video you made was very well done. :]