Monday, March 17, 2008

From the countryside in Gunma..

Hello everyone, I am still alive. I just happen to live in the middle of nowhere at the moment and thus have no internet access except at the internet cafe or manga cafe.

Anhyways, it seems like I found a place to move to in Isesaki which is about a 5 minute walk from the train station there and thus I can commute to Tokyo or Ota where Miho lives rather easily (however the train to Tokyo takes about 2 hours, but its really cheap, about 15 dollars if you convert from yen)

My mom is comming in just a week or so, so I`m hoping that there are no snags in her travels. It also looks like maybe I will move to my new apartment before she arrives. I am really looking forward to touring her around Tokyo and generally spending time with her. I`ve also started a second job part time just on saturdays teaching English at a school called COSMO. The pay is decent and its a lot of fun. In fact, I think its very similar to GenkiJACS except they teach english instead of japanese. ^.^;

I have been havig a hard time adjusting to my other job though - the kindergarten teaching job - it is so not teaching actually its just a really really giant babysitting job. At least this is how it feels most of the time. Every once and a while though I really like it. Most of the time though I just feel overwhelmed.

2 comments:

Alyshells said...

Wow! Timmy a kindergarten teacher?! Amazing! :-D wow. Those kids are gonna grow up and be like "I had Mr Timmy in kindergarten" That's so cool. The job on the weekends sound fun too. And congrats on that apartment! Wow, I'm about to read your next post. How long are you staying in Japan now?

Unknown said...

omg id love to do that! it was amazing! unfortunatly the maiko was fake but yes she was still very beautiful!