Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry X-mas and Party Time

Quick note about the picture to the left, yes I know my eyes are closed but it was the only pic I got of everyone together before my camera died.. Well, first of all it is Christmas Eve in Japan already (It is still the 23rd in some parts of the world including my hometown), but I just wanted to wish Everyone a Merry Christmas! Christmas in Japan is a bit different as it has basically no relation what-so-ever to the biblical story, and they also have a few traditions that we don't such as eating Christmas Cake, and eating Christmas Chicken..

Also, yesterday was the Emperor's Birthday so today (being a Monday) is a national holiday. So making the best of it, Kosuke (said "COS-KAY") invited myself, James, and Armin (our German dorm-mate) to a Christmas / Takoyaki party. It was too much fun. In fact, everyone (including us) brought a small gift to the party to randomly exchange with another person at the party using a musical chairs type of game to determine who gets what..
I also enjoyed lots of conversation in Japanese and English, and even taught a small lesson about the difference between using "to" and "for" as Japanese often get these confused.
Anyways, I have a small video as well, my Camera's battery died so I could not take more unfortunately, but it was a blast none-the-less.

2 comments:

Shaye said...

Merry Christmas! It looks like you're having a lot of fun! Miss you.

Alyshells said...

Aww! Dang Timmy you're having so much fun I'm jealous. You make me wana run off to Japan. lol That's a cute picture even with your eyes closed! I'm sorry I'm late for wishing you Merry Christmas, but I'm in time for Happy New Years!! (Well.. in my time at least!)

Was your Christmas as good as Christmas Eve? I never heard of Christmas cake or chicken. lol.