Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today was our last day of classes before the long weekend (this Friday is a national holiday in Japan), and it was also the last day of school at GenkiJACS for one of my classmates - John-kun. John is also from Canada, but is of Philippine descent so he looks Asian and blends in pretty well. I have a good picture of our class, he`s the one sitting beside me. Our teacher for this class, Yuuji sensei, is one of the only male teachers at GenkiJACS right now, and is also the youngest faculty member and one of my favorite teachers because we can make perverted jokes together that I just wouldn`t say around the female staff.
The guy with longer hair who you can`t quiet see on the left side of this pic is my only classmate in Grammar class, as we`re the only Level 3 students at GenkiJACS right now. His Japanese is really good, and I enjoy having class with him because he keeps me on my feet as in some ways he`s ahead of me. At the same time, I know stuff that he doesn`t and we compliment each other well that way.
Also, Yuuji sensei took us to the local grocercy store near the school to search for the ingredients to make Miso soup. Before going out, we learned all about making Miso soup (only in Japanese though), and it was really interesting actually.




The video is rather pointless especially without audio, but todays class was so much fun I wanted to share it on my blog. Anyways, I`m happy for the long weekend, I literally have about 75 new verbs to work on memorizing.
Maybe this weekend will also hold some fun times though, stay tuned.
- Timo

3 comments:

Shaye said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your classmates and your teachers. Your class to the supermarket looks like it was a lot of fun. Keep it up! Ganbatte! <3

Codexus said...

I always find it more difficult to remember verbs than nouns or adjectives, I don't know why. Good luck with your 75! O__O

Timothy said...

I always found nouns and adjectives the easiest because they are the easiest to visualise, some verbs are hard to *see* in your mind because they are actions. I find that if you put the verb in a sentence when you review it, it helps ALOT, as then you can relate it to something more visual. ie. I TOOK a picture with my camera -> カメラで写真をとりました。