Monday, November 19, 2007

好きになった・・・

Well, I've really warmed up to my homestay family. When I first arrived, I thought this place was going to be so boring, but later that night I met Ms. Hatsue's sons. I cannot remember their names right now, but they are very nice and they both have kids. Her elder son has a little boy named Jun (said like "June" - same name as the actor who plays Domyouji in Hana Yori Dango [shaye you love him you know it!]). Jun is 1 year old and he's just like any other baby probably anywhere in the world. I can best him at Japanese too which makes me feel great =P (joke).
He has a sister named Karin (I think), who's 4 and FULL of engergy! Her Japanese is better than mine, but she speaks simply so it's fun to try to hold a conversation with her. haha.
Anyways, their father is a really nice Man who's patient with my Japanese and is always interesting to talk to. I look forward to getting to know this family more over the course of the next 4 weeks.

Anyways, today was my first day at GenkiJACS. I'm at the school right now actually waiting for my first lesson to start. I just finished taking a level check test with my uncle phil. The test consisted of listening comprehension, an interview in Japanese, and a written test aswell checking for vocabulary and grammar knowledge. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped or expected, but it's ok because if the class is too easy I can be moved to a harder class. They have MANY different levels of classes at this school so it's really convenient for anyone studying Japanese.

Uncle Phil didn't fare as well on the tests either, and we'll be in different classes. Anyways, I shot some video of Phil when he first showed up today. It was really weird to see a familiar western face after so long.





On a side note, I still miss Tokyo.. Somehow that city has a special place in my heart and I do long to go back, but that can wait. In the mean time, I'm going to study like crazy. Esspecially to my family back home, I hope you enjoy seeing a short clip of Phil and me.
- Tim

5 comments:

Shaye said...

Yes, Jun... hahah :D

Sounds like a great family. Can't wait to hear about more of your conversations with them!

Don't worry about your placement in school! :D You'll do just fine!

<33333!

Link said...

Hey I'm glad you like Fukuoka, and i'm also glad that you miss Tokyo :) so give me you're email. mine is android20@hotmail.com add me on msn too miss ya byes

Codexus said...

I visited the school's website and it seems awesome!

Timothy said...

It's pronounced Fuu-kuu-oh-ka

Alyshells said...

my gosh look at the suave faces you're making! s adorable timmy, are these videos supposed to have sound?