Monday, October 13, 2008

YesJapan party in Shibuya!

George and me in Shibuya -
Well I feel really lucky right now. I had a rare opportunity to meet up with a bunch of fellow members and some of the hosts of YesJapan.com where I studied Japanese by myself before coming to Japan! Everyone had a really awesome time, and I will even say I've forged some new friendships. Two of the other members that came are living in Japan because their husbands are stationed here, and the other girl Rachel is here for pretty much the same reasons I am (study Japanese Language and Culture), so yea, everyone there was super cool! We all met at Shibuya's Hachikou statue (famous statue of a dog @ shibuya crossing) and then headed to Shakey's pizza in Shibuya to enjoy all-you-can-eat pizza and drinks and lots of good times. It was awesome to meet George and Hiro in person after seeing them on the YesJapan webcasts so many times over the years! I ended up missing the last train home (sinse I live far from Tokyo and have to transfer, that means the 9:07pm train) but it turned out for the better as we went to a bar in Ebisu to meet a bunch of foreign models (and some cute Japanese girls too) and enjoy drinks and chit-chat. Hiro and I really hit it off too and he's such a cool guy that he let me crash at his place. Great memories all around. I brought my camera of course, and did manage to throw a video together but unfortunately I didn't film as much as I'd of liked to in hind-sight since I was too busy having fun! Here's the video, check it out:

No comments: