Monday, July 14, 2008

Long overdue update!

Well, I'm FINALLY updating my blog after a month+ long hiatus! Lots and lots has happened! Lately I have been seeing some great movies at the theaters around here. I'm finding it's a great way to enjoyably practice my Japanese listening skills.

Recently, I finally saw the Hana Yori Dango: Final Movie! Which, although good, was just not as good as the TV series. It was still a great movie though!

Miho and I also went on a date and saw a cute romantic comedy called Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg and I enjoyed it so much. However, when I looked around youtube for the trailer for the movie I found that no one had yet translated / subtitled it so I decided to translate+subtitle it myself for practice! (I would love to get in to Fan-subbing of J-drama or maybe even Anime someday) Anyways, here's my subtitled version:


Also, to play catch-up a little with the time I haven't posted anything in. Just before May we went to Tokyo and watched a baseball game - which was a totally amazing experience and in some ways completely different from seeing a major league game back home. I put together a little video of that adventure:


And finally.. Being that summer is definitely here (the temperature is crazy outside), the summer festival season in Japan has come into full swing. Yesterday I was teaching an English class for an NPO in Maebashi, and got the chance to participate in the festivities of Tanabata - Summer Star Festival. This festival was really really great and I regrettably didn't bring my Camera, but my city will soon have its own Tanabata and I'll be sure to get some pics / video. In the meantime, here is a great video I found about Tanabata, check it out:


Well, that's all for now, but I'll be sure to get my blog back into gear. I promise!
- Timothy

1 comment:

Shaye said...

The baseball game looks like it would be a lot of fun, mostly because of the fans!! How cool! There's nothing like a baseball game. :]

The festival video is very nice. I wish I could be there to witness the activities and customs too! PLEASE take pictures and video!!

I'm so glad that you updated! <3