Thursday, August 16, 2007

Departure Date Set: November 7th


Well, I bought my airline ticket today.
Cost: ~$1,300 after taxes etc.
Departure Date: November 7th, 2007 @ 10:00AM
From: Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport
To: Tokyo Narita International Airport
Stops: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Unfortunately, buying a ticket directly from the airline means I was unable to get a ticket directly to Fukuoka as no Canadian airlines fly directly to Fukuoka. So, I have a ticket to Narita international airport, once I get there, I'll have to find my way to Fukuoka either via a Japanese airline or perhaps the Shinkansen.
Anyways, we'll see how that all works out once I get there, as long as I'm in Fukuoka by that Sunday I'll be good. Besides, it's the challenges that will give this journey flavor (I'm gunna kick myself for saying that later on, I know.. hehe)

Anyways, I'm back in Toronto again for a couple of days. Tomorrow I'll be going to the Japanese consulate again to hopefully pick up my passport and visa given that they're ready. They told me to come back today but I figured I'd give them an extra day. However, there's still a chance that they could ask me to come back again later if it's not ready yet. Hopefully everything is ready.

1 comment:

Shaye said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for you!! You'll be just fine once you get into Japan. These challenges you are referring to will make things a bit more interesting! haha You totally deserve this trip. =]

<33
Shaye